WASSCE Leakage: WAEC Releases List Of 11 Schools ( Check the List)
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has published a list of 11 schools that it is monitoring following tip-offs of ‘intents to cheat’ at the said schools.
WAEC in a statement said it was also withdrawing some supervisors and invigilators from supervising the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) pending further sanctions.
See the 11 schools below;
- Ejisu Senior High Technical School
- Anlo-Afiadenyigba Senior High School,
- Tepa Senior High School
- Yeji Senior High Technical School
- King David College, Somanya
- Ideal College, Sunyani
- Christ the King Senior High School, Obuasi
- Modern Senior High School, Kpong
- Modern Senior High School, Kintampo
- Oyoko Methodist Senior High School
- Klo Agogo Senior High School
A statement issued by the Public Affairs Department of WAEC confirmed that “extracts of parts of the questions” for the Mathematics (Elective) 2 and Section A of English Language 2 papers written on September 9 and September 13 respectively were circulated on some social media platforms.
Rescheduling of Physics and Business Management papers
In a bid to safeguard the integrity of the examination, WAEC said it had also rescheduled the Physics 2 & 1 and Business Management 2 & 1 Papers originally scheduled for today (September 15).
“A new date for the rescheduled papers will be communicated in due course. However, Auto Mechanics 2 & 1 will be administered today, 15th September, 2021 at 14:00 hours as scheduled,” the statement said.
The 2021 WASSCE which commenced on August 16, 2021, is ongoing at the 763 centres. Thirty-three papers including Arabic, Financial Accounting, French, Graphic Design, Mathematics (Elective), Biology and English Language have been administered to candidates.
According to WAEC, a number of examination irregularities have been recorded at some centres.
– Inside-examination-hall malpractice as a result of poor supervision and invigilation.
– Institutionalized examination malpractice i.e. execution of pre-arranged plans to assist candidates to cheat by solving questions and distributing solutions to the candidates
– Smuggling of mobile phones into the examination halls by candidates awaiting solutions from platforms they have made payments to
– Snapping of question papers at some centres and posting same on various WhatsApp platforms.