The date for the release of the 2023 BECE results has been released. Also, the final grading system for this year’s BECE has been explained by WAEC.
The 2023 BECE results is expected to be released before 15th November, 2023. Once the results are out, candidates would have to buy a checker and check the result.
Below is the grading system for the 2033 BECE.
- 90-100 is graded as 1. It is the HIGHEST grade in the grading system.
- 80-89, the second category in this classification is graded as 2, GRADE A. it is denoted as HIGHER.
- 70-79, is grade 3, a B+ and is described as HIGH.
- 60 -69 is grade 4, GRADE B, described as HIGH AVERAGE.
- 55 – 60 is GRADE C+, classified as 5 and described as AVERAGE.
- LOW AVERAGE is a description of marks falling between 50-54 and GRADE C; number 6 in the grading system.
- Any mark ranging between 40-49 is considered as GRADE D+ and number 7; described as LOW
- 35-39 is GRADE E which is number 8, described as LOWER in the Stanine grading system.
- GRADE F, 9 characterized by 9 is the LOWEST grade, which falls between 0-34
WAEC sometimes uses the Stanine grading system for BECE. It is norm-referenced, meaning, the result’s architecture is pre-determined. Under Stanine, the % of candidates who will obtain Grade 1-9 is virtually fixed, so you must justify your inclusion into that percentage.